Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trade Anyone?

Do you have any trade inquiries about your team?

Note: You can use the comments section to ask about any trade proposals you receive or trade you may want to do. I'd be willing to give my opinion.

I sometimes think of trade that would benefit me in the long run. I also received trade proposals from time to time but not yet pulled a trigger on one. 

There are thing that I consider before accepting a trade

1. Is the player I am getting injury prone? (or have a history of getting hurt?)
      
     This is the first question that pops in my head. An example for this is a trade proposal I received early in the season. I was offered Arron Afflalo for Jeff Teague. I think the trade is fair since both are having a breakout season. But I remembered Afflalo went down with an injury last year and that pushed me to decline the trade offer. Up to now I still don't know if my decision to reject the offer was right but I am happy to have Teague on my team due to his assist production.

                                         File:Jeff-Teague-Atlanta-Hawks.jpgFile:Arron Afflalo Washington at Orlando 029.jpg
             Fig. Both Jeff Teague and Arron Afflalo are having a breakout season. (Img courtesy of wikipedia)


2. In what categories will it help me?

       Points? Rebounds? Assist? Whatever maybe it is, there is a reason to pull off any trade that is offered to you or you want. Maybe you want more assist production so you will find a guard that can help you or maybe you want more rebounds so getting an elite rebounder is an option you might consider. But you need to consider every stat a player produce like turnovers, free throw percentage and three points made before accepting a trade offer.

3. Is the player on a hot streak?

        I think it is best to trade a player when he is on a hot streak (ex. Shooting 50 plus %  from the field the past five games) because he is probably on the news somewhere out there and his value is relatively high. So if you are still having doubt whether the player can continue that hot streak or not consider trading him as soon as possible.

 There is still some factors to consider before considering to do a trade although for me it is all about the feel of a player's ability. If you think your player after having a string of bad games can turn it around then for you it is not justifiable to trade him. 

At the end it is all about the INSTINCTS! :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice site and articles. Good job, keep it up!

    Take a look at the league I'm in and check out my team (Asian Underdogs). I'm trying to figure out how to improve but dont know who to use as trade assets.

    http://games.espn.go.com/fba/clubhouse?leagueId=194107&teamId=5&seasonId=2014

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, by looking at your standings I noticed that the closest category you might target is 3pm and FG%. The next team is just ahead of 4 three pointers on your team. I think it would definitely help when Reddick comes back but looking for a waiver wire option like Mirza Teletovic/Marco Bellineli is nice since he's been shooting 3s lately. (you can have him for a week or so)

      Delete
    2. i've been offered to trade away anthony davis for pretty much anyone on their team except for lbj and paul george. his team is 2nd place but needs boards and blocks, so it'll hurt my chances to move up.

      he's got: lowry, jennings, lawson, calderon, evans, anderson, chandler, ariza and blatche, sullinger, bradley

      Delete
    3. Is that a one on one deal. I think Lowry is the one you should target but considering your slim lead in the blocks category anthony davis is irreplaceable. So i think maybe you can squeeze a tyson chandler/kyle lowry for anthony davis. (your trading partner would want to consider this since tyson is much injury prone).

      Delete